WALTHAM, Mass., May 15, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Radius Health, Inc. ("Radius" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:RDUS), a fully integrated science-driven biopharmaceutical company that is committed to developing innovative therapeutics in the areas of osteoporosis, oncology and endocrine diseases, announced that on May 15, 2017, the Company's Board of Directors granted Jose (Pepe) Carmona, the Company's Chief Financial Officer, an option to purchase 125,000 shares of the Company's common stock with a per share exercise price of $34.96, the closing trading price of the Company's common stock on the NASDAQ Global Market on the grant date of May 15, 2017. The option vests 25% on the first anniversary of the grant date, with the remaining 75% to vest in monthly installments over the three years thereafter, and has a ten-year term. The stock option was granted pursuant to Rule 5635(c)(4) of the NASDAQ Listing Rules for equity grants to induce Mr. Carmona to enter into employment with the Company.
Radius is a science-driven fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that is committed to developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics in the areas of osteoporosis, oncology and endocrine diseases. Radius' lead product, TYMLOS™ (abaloparatide) injection, was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis at high risk for fracture. Radius' Marketing Authorisation Application (MAA) for abaloparatide-SC for the treatment of postmenopausal women with osteoporosis is under regulatory review in Europe. The Radius clinical pipeline includes an investigational abaloparatide transdermal patch for potential use in osteoporosis and the investigational drug elacestrant (RAD1901) for potential use in hormone-driven and/or hormone-resistant breast cancer, and vasomotor symptoms in postmenopausal women. Radius' RAD140, a non-steroidal, selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM), is under investigation for potential use in hormone receptor positive breast cancer. For more information, please visit www.radiuspharm.com.
Investor Relations Contact: Barbara Ryan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 203-274-2825 Media Contact: Lori Gorski Email: Lgorski@radiuspharm.com Phone: 617-551-4096